Post Doctoral Researcher Postions
The ARC Training Centre for Green Chemistry in Manufacturing has three post-doctoral positions available, one at of Monash University focussed on products from renewable biomass; Deakin University focussed on bioprocessing and Flinders University focussed on advanced sustainable manufacturing. Whilst your research will be focussed on a key theme, you will have input into the other research themes in the Centre. The positions are supported by the Australian Research Council’s Industrial Transformation Training Centre program (IC190100034) with funding for 4 years.
Duties of the positions
The successful candidates are expected to undertake and lead research into the application of the principles of green chemistry to the manufacture of new products and processes. Applicants with strong backgrounds in synthesis, polymer chemistry, natural products, bioprocessing and biotechnology and good knowledge and skills in analysis will be preferred. As well as having their own research program, the post-doctoral researchers will also support the PhD researchers at their node, and will be expected to assist specific industry partnered projects as required.
For full details and to apply please go to FindaPostDoc
Applications close 5 pm Wednesday, January 13th (Melbourne Time)
The ARC Training Centre for Green Chemistry in Manufacturing is now seeking expressions of interest from potential PhD candidates.
PhD researchers joining this joint program will enjoy the benefits of training and joint supervision from experts from Monash University, Deakin University, Flinders University and Curtin University, together with mentoring from industry partners. Each project will focus on an industry identified problem. The range of academic leaders can been seen at the Chief Investigators page. The Centre will train industry ready PhD chemists, chemical engineers and material engineers.
Features of the program
- Each PhD will have one of the university partners as their home institution. Their PhD degree will be awarded by that institution.
- PhD researchers will be supervised by academics with mentoring from an industry partner.
- All PhD researchers in the Centre will also undertake an advanced training plan covering a range of topics on green chemistry, sustainability and preparation for working in industry, government and other organisations.
- PhD researchers will undertake a period of no less than 12 months industry experience.
- The scholarship includes:
- a full tuition fee sponsorship provided by the relevant university for the course duration (up to a maximum 42 months) which includes 57 months of Overseas Student Health Cover.
- a living allowance (stipend) provided by the relevant university valued at AU$34,013 per annum.